Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Indigestion, stretch marks and baby brain

You know all the stories about blooming in pregnancy, having that lovely glow and generally feeling pretty damn pleased with yourself? Yeah...when's that going to start?!

I'm around the 22 week mark and I am not feeling the second trimester energy kick that all the books go on about. I need shares in Gaviscon and Bio Oil and someone following me around picking up all the important things I keep putting in daft places.

It took us 18 months to conceive and at our 12 week scan we were told our baby had a 1 in 56 chance of having Downs Syndrome - so I feel really guilty having a moan but sometimes I just have to get it off my chest - chest...when are the big boobs coming??

And my poor husband, he believed all the lies about my sex drive coming back around now - um, nope, looks like I must have left that in the fridge along with the car keys.

But then there are those days when I feel our son kick or see him on the sonograph screen and suddenly everything seems worth it. I'll take the burning in my throat when my dinner tries to escape, the ugly red marks on my thighs as everything spreads further and further out and the general lethagy that's hit me - it will all fade away in my mind once I'm holding that beautiful baby.

P.S. we were in the lucky 55 - after a test for Downs and two fetal cardic scans, all looks good with our boy - I'll write more on this subject later.

No comments:

Post a Comment