Pages

Thursday 16 June 2011

Off to see the Great-Grandparents to be!

We're taking the bump on a road trip this weekend - going to see my grandparents. I'm thrilled that our little one will have the chance to meet his great grandparents. I have always been so close to my grandparents - I went to boarding school at the age of 10 and they would always come and take me out for weekends when my parents were too far away. My granddad has been very ill lately with TB but is now making a recovery thankfully, I hope the prospect of some great grandchildren is spurring him on! My nan was a midwife before she retired so I've been calling her regularly with updates from every scan.

This little guy is also going to be blessed with three sets of grandparents - one of the upsides of divorce?! My in-laws are great and this will be their first grandchild for both sets. As for my parents, well my younger sister will pip me to the post by just six weeks! Her little girl is due in September...again I am so excited that our son will have a cousin so close in age to grow up with.

I love coming from a close family and I hope this little man will also enjoy being smothered surrounded by relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment